Bedding care is extremely important, especially with materials that are a bit more delicate or fabrics that are less traditional. You may have noticed the instructions on our product pages for our Eucalyptus Bedding Collection, but now that we have the comforter/duvet insert, there are a few important things to note so that you can keep this new addition to your collection in top shape.
Let’s get into some of the questions you may have:
Will washing this eucalyptus comforter ruin it?
No. As long as the guidelines we share below are followed, your comforter/duvet insert will stay in top shape.
Should I wash or dry clean my eucalyptus comforter?
The preferred way to clean our Eucalyptus Comforter is to have it dry cleaned. This helps preserve the lyocell fill and will ensure it stays even and fluffy.
Can I put my eucalyptus comforter in the dryer?
Ideally, this item will be dry cleaned. If you happen to spot clean certain areas, we recommend air drying over tumble drying.
Step by Step Guide on How To Wash Your Eucalyptus Comforter
- Spot treat any stains.You can do this with a stain remover spray, using the detergent of your choice, or with a bleach-free stain product.
- If the stains are from oil…we suggest pre treating by using a bit of baking soda on the spot to absorb the oil. Spot treat for 30-45 minutes, then wipe away and wash as usual.
- If the stains are from makeup…repeat the steps from the oil stain option, especially if your makeup is oil based. If not, dishwashing liquid makes a great spot treatment for stubborn makeup stains.
- If the stains are from wine...the key here is using dishwashing liquid and hydrogen peroxide. Because our comforter/duvet insert is white, this will be ok to use as a treatment. We do not suggest this for wine stains on our sheet sets or duvet covers. Let this sit for up to an hour before washing.
- Air dry the treated areas. As simple as that.
- For a full clean, head to the dry cleaner. Dry cleaning is the preferred method for cleaning this comforter, again, because of the TENCEL™ fill.
How can I make my comforter fluffy again?
This is a great question, and a helpful way to ensure your filling is even. Because this is a down alternative material, there isn’t much work that needs to be done, but if you’d like to enhance the fluffiness, we suggest the following method:
You can pat out the fill evenly across the comforter. Then, to ensure it’s distributed and to add a bit of fluff back in, you can grab it by the edges and in a wave motion, snap the bedding up and down.
Do you have any other care tips?
We suggest when this isn’t in use, especially after washing, to store this in a cool, dry place. We also offer storage pouches for this, so feel free to keep this stored in the pouch it arrived in if you’re not using this for all seasons.
If you enjoy specific bedding fragrances, like calming lavender or a specific home spray, feel free to gently mist your comforter every so often with it.
We hope this guide on how to wash a eucalyptus comforter or duvet insert has been helpful, and that you enjoy your items! If you haven’t tried them yet, this duvet insert pairs perfectly with our luxurious Eucalyptus Sheet Set and Duvet Cover.
Shop our eucalyptus collection: